Saturday, August 13, 2016

Meet the School Counselor....

This post will be short and sweet because I only have six more days of summer vacation, and I want to squeeze every last minute out of my last Saturday.  I have had a LOT of fun introducing myself to students as the school counselor over the years and have written posts about how to make that fun. My #FlatGroovyPoovey and Camp Counselor lessons are two of the most popular items in my Life on the Fly TPT store.

So, what do you do when your students have already heard those intro lessons?!!! You add more to the rotation. I have been working on some cute new lessons and can't wait to use this Mrs. Potato Head student worksheet with my Kindergarten students.  I included a parent blurb at the bottom and will have them color the Mrs. Potato Head to take home at the end of the lesson.

I also created two new upper grade lessons, a race track themed SMARTboard lesson (I do live in NASCAR country!) where the class divides into teams and races against each other as they answer TRUE/FALSE questions about the school counselor and a "What Does the School Counselor Do?" game where students sort Counselor Cards into TRUE, FALSE, and DON'T KNOW piles to learn about my job.

If you are ready to add some new material and fun to your INTRO lessons, check out my new bundles! Then, pat yourself on the back for being ahead of the game and super organized! One of the bundles has SMARTboard resources and the other is lessons plans, activities, and student products (two of these work best with the SMARTboard resource). If you buy both, you will have FIVE NEW intro lessons to share with your students. Click on the images for more info.
One last thing--- my lucky readers will get 20% off the 3 new items I have posted this week for the next 36 hours. 

Enjoy and Happy Counseling! ~ Angela


2 comments:

  1. I tried to look on your TPT store but do you sell the Mrs. Potato head picture by itself? It looks great and I'd love to use it with my K students for the lesson I have :)
    Thanks,
    Brita
    http://counselingdaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brita-
    Thanks for checking out my blog and TPT store. I just added the Mr./Mrs. Potato Head lesson by itself here....ENJOY!
    https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Intro-to-the-Counselor-MrsMr-Potato-Head-Lesson-K-1-2784520

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...