Thursday, September 19, 2013

Christmas in September!



I had to show this picture because I was so excited about getting part of my Donor's Choose book shipment yesterday (my son took the picture so excuse the composition).  These are some of the books I mentioned on the "book club" page I just added to my blog.  I hope you will enjoy the book suggestions and book club tips and be able to use them at your own school!


Also, I wanted to share the presentation I gave at the NC School Counselor's Association last year on book clubs (you may not be able to see it on the mobile view).  I am going to try and figure out how to embed it so anyone can see it, but you will have to request to have it shared on Google Docs for now.  I will also put it on the new tab as a resource.



Finally, I wanted to share a fun idea I found on Pinterest that I used during my book clubs last year.  I took pictures of my students and printed them on a regular copier. Then, I cut them out and pasted them on a thicker cardstock paper.  I laminated them,  punched a hole in the lamination, and added a piece of yarn at the end.  The kids loved it and got to keep it as a reminder of our group.  I will definitely do it again this year!
Happy Counseling! ~ Angela
                                    

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any recommendations for 3rd grade books for students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara- Thanks for reading my blog! I'm not sure what focus you want for your book club (friendship, bullying, self-confidence, etc.) but there are several suggestions on my book club page that would probably work- Smart Girl's Guide to Friendship, The Girls, and 100 Dresses. Also, you can visit this website http://ccbc.education.wisc.edu/books/bibBio.asp to search books by age and theme. It is a great resource!!! Good luck! :o)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...